Whether you are planning to construct a new home or buy a resale property this article will act as a Vastu guide for you. We will be listing out all Vastu rules and tips for your kitchen. You can use this as a reference when you start your house search.
1. Location of Kitchen
- Kitchen should be located in the southeast corner of the home. This is mainly because the direction of fire is said to be south-eastern in nature.
- If it is an apartment, then make sure your kitchen does not reside below or above the Pooja room and bathrooms.
Also Read: 10 Money Saving Life Hacks For Your Home
2. Location of Gas Stove
- Gas stove should be placed in the southeast direction.
- The person cooking should be facing the east direction while cooking.
- Gas stove should not be placed in front of the main door.
3. Location of the Taps and Sink
- Anything related to water like taps, sinks, wash basins, RO water purifier, etc have to be placed in the north-east direction.
- Fire and water repel each other, so it is important that these water outlets are placed away from your cooking stove.
4. Location of the windows
- Windows or any sort of ventilations are extremely crucial for your kitchen’s well-being. They are required to keep your kitchen odor-free and clean.
- Windows should be placed in the east or west direction of the kitchen as per Vastu.
- For best results, it will be great if one window is on the east wall and another window is on the west wall. This is good as per Vastu and also brings in cross ventilation.
5. Location of the refrigerator
- This has to be kept in the southwest direction for optimal functionality.
- Make sure it is kept at least a foot away from the corner.
- At any case, avoid keeping it in the north east direction
6. Location of electronic appliances
- Be it an oven, coffee maker, mixer, grinder, heaters, etc all these appliances should never be kept in northeast direction.
- You can keep them in either south or southwest direction
- These electrical appliances are part and parcel of all households.
7. Location of storage
- Storage is an integral part of any kitchen for storing utensils, food grains, etc.
- You can keep them in the southern or western side of the walls.
- It is always safer to opt for ceramic tiles instead of fancy marbles or wooden flooring.
- Ceramic tiles are scratch proof and lasts longer.
- They are also leak-proof as kitchen floors come in contact with water regularly.
9. Color Themes
- Black is a color to be avoided in all cases
- Opt for bright colors like green, yellow, white, etc
- These bright colors will increase the lighting in the kitchen and aid in cooking.
Also Read: The Cost of Renovating your Kitchen
10. Things to avoid
- You should not have a bathroom beside your kitchen.
- Don’t opt for a kitchen without ventilation
All the above things will create a nice and beautiful kitchen for your home. The most important thing is to keep your kitchen clean all the time which will result in peaceful cooking.